Understanding Sleep Apnea: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment Options
Sleep apnea and dental problems Lynnwood is a widespread sleep disorder that affects many people across the world. It is characterized by repeated pauses in breathing during sleep, which can last from a few seconds to several minutes. These interruptions in breathing can cause a range of physical and mental health problems, including daytime drowsiness, decreased concentration, and an increased risk of stroke, heart attack, and other serious health conditions.
At a sleep apnea dentist Lynnwood, you can expect a thorough evaluation of your sleep patterns and a discussion of your symptoms. The sleep apnea dentist will also consider any underlying health conditions and factors that may contribute to your sleep apnea. Based on this information, they can recommend the best course of treatment to help you get the restful sleep you need.
Symptoms of Sleep Apnea
- Loud snoring
- Gasping or choking during sleep
- Awakening with a dry mouth or sore throat
- Excessive daytime drowsiness or fatigue
- Insomnia or difficulty staying asleep
- Irritability, depression, or mood swings
- Reduced libido or sexual dysfunction
- Difficulty concentrating or remembering things
Causes of Sleep Apnea
- Obesity or excess weight
- Enlarged tonsils or adenoids
- Smoking or alcohol use
- Use of sedatives or tranquilizers
- Narrow or blocked airways
- Nasal congestion
- Hormonal changes in women during menopause or pregnancy
Treatment Options for Sleep apnea and dental problems Lynnwood
- Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) therapy
- Lifestyle changes, such as losing weight, quitting smoking, and reducing alcohol consumption
- Oral appliance therapy, which involves wearing a custom-fit device in the mouth to reposition the jaw and tongue and keep the airway open
- Surgery to remove excess tissues in the throat, such as the tonsils or adenoids
- Positional therapy, which involves sleeping on your side to reduce the risk of throat collapse
At a sleep apnea dentist Lynnwood, you can receive a dental appliance for sleep apnea Lynnwood that is custom-fit to your mouth. This will help to reposition your jaw and tongue and keep your airway open during sleep, so you can enjoy a good night’s rest. Don’t suffer from sleep apnea and dental problems in Lynnwood any longer. Get the help you need and start enjoying restful, rejuvenating sleep.
At Robinson Dental Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, we are dedicated to helping our patients achieve better sleep and overall health. If you are experiencing symptoms of sleep apnea or have dental problems, call us today at 425-778-1164 to schedule a consultation. Our experienced sleep apnea dentist in Lynnwood can provide the care and treatment you need to get a good night’s rest. Don’t wait, visit our website www.robinson-dental.com to learn more about our services and take the first step towards a healthier, more restful life.